Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are you allowed you allowed to make short films based on a major motion picture?

Are you allowed to make short films based on a motion picture?



I'm a beginning director, and I recently thought doing a short film of "9",the post apocalyptic motion picture about rag dolls, that really inspired me to do my own movies. Am I within my rights to say that my film is based off of 9?Are you allowed you allowed to make short films based on a major motion picture?I think the only legal way you can do this is if you claim it's a parody, or else you need copyrights. Or if it's not the exact same thing, do you have your own unique plot but with just some similarities that should be fine I think.Are you allowed you allowed to make short films based on a major motion picture?I believe that as long as it is you're own original work and you give credit to the film as an inspiration I don't see why you would run into legal issues. Many films have been based off of other films. You should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment