Monday, January 23, 2012

How can I make my shot all in one motion?

I am a terrific shooter. But sometimes my shot tends to be slower than usual or broken into parts. How can I make it one fluid motion like Stephen Curry, Dirk Nowitzki or Kobe Bryant? Any tips?How can I make my shot all in one motion?If you are a terrific shooter, then I wouldn't change too much;). Of course you can start with knees well bended, ball low, then go up and concentrate on shooting fluidly. In my experience, everyone's got his own shooting motion, and although there are a few shooters out there that just look good and hit very good as well (i think ray allen tops the list), it's not like you can't hit without a nice looking shooting motion. just look at shawn marion!

If your shot does vary a lot, that's something else though, that's definitely not advisable. Try pracitising more shooting drills and also try to stop thinking about how your motion looks...How can I make my shot all in one motion?break all your movements in to different parts,

such as,

1. get the ball while in shooting position (in your chest)

2. bend your knees while in your shooting position (above your head)

3. jump in to balance, release and follow through



just keep doing it over and over again, till it becomes a rythem

for you. I like to do front of a mirror (some time with out the ball)

to see if there are any improvements can be made, such as

elbow is not stright the shooting hand is not under the ball.
  • yamaha atv
  • traffic school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment