Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can living with my girlfriend effect the outcome of my motion to change parenting time?

I am currently living with my fiance. I'm wanting to enter a motion to change parenting time. Will living with another woman w/out being married effect the outcome? My child's mother obviously doesn't like her, but there have been no major problems or fist-fights between the two of them. Further more the interaction they have infront of my child is always civil and cordial.Can living with my girlfriend effect the outcome of my motion to change parenting time?Can it? Absolutely. In a bad way? Not necessarily. The court is interested in what is in the best interests of the child. While the court may prefer you to get married, I would suspect stability will be FAR more important than anything else.



Proving that you are actually getting married will help your case (again, more due to the stability). A lot of people are "engaged" but never get married in these situations %26amp; the court knows that. If you aren't getting married in the short term (next year), don't lie-- it will hurt you if this case is revisited.



If you are both gainfully employed, or if only one is employed and the other is able to fulfill a full time parent role will also help your case.Can living with my girlfriend effect the outcome of my motion to change parenting time?it will only affect it if the woman you live with is somehow unfit..like has abuse or drug convictions on her record
  • minn kota
  • book clubs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment