Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can you receive a parking ticket while your vehicle is in motion?

A constable in the village of Belle Terre on Long Island, NY pulled me over to give me a parking ticket. I would have just paid the ticket except it's $75 for only being parked there 5 minutes. I'm just wondering if it is legal for a peace officer to pull you over while your vehicle is in motion to give you a parking ticket, which is a non-moving violation.Can you receive a parking ticket while your vehicle is in motion?I know where Belle Terre is, right up the hill from Port Jefferson. I grew up in Stony Brook so know Belle Terre well. That jerk wants to make money for Belle Terre. I would fight it because you were not parked when he pulled you over. There was a cop in Old Field who used to pull people over including me for false reasons. Can you meet with the Assistant District Attorney for Belle Terre and negotiate a plea? I am in Syracuse now and you can do that up here.Can you receive a parking ticket while your vehicle is in motion?Yes it is legal. The fact that you moved your vehicle after the officer saw you parked illegally does not invalidate the fact that an officer saw you parked illegally.
  • spiderman the musical
  • suzuki samurai
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment